| Helping Conserve Wildlife And Their Habitats.
The Big Oaks Conservation Society is the non-profit support group of the
Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge.
|Comprehensive Conservation Planning Begins at Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge: Open Houses Scheduled to Receive Public Comments. Click to read more!|
The membership consists of people who care about wildlife and who want to make the Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge a place in which wildlife and visitors mutually benefit.
The Big Oaks Conservation Society works closely with the BONWR staff and with the National Wildlife Refuge Association in their efforts to educate visitors about the wildlife and natural habitats at BONWR.
Members have the opportunity to get involved with the management of Indiana's largest national wildlife refuge.
- Promotes public awareness of the refuge and develops environmental education and support for schools and youth groups.
- Develops public use facilities in cooperation with refuge staff.
- Supports wildlife conservation and habitat restoration.
- Supports the continued existence of the refuge.
- Promotes the appreciation for the natural and cultural features of the area.
Meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Madison Jefferson County Public Library conference room, unless posted differently here .
The next meeting:
|Board of Directors |
President - Dr. Jim Jackson Vice President - Fred Swinney
Secretary/Bus. Manager - Dave Bear
Treasurer - Jean Herron
Ed Schaefer - Bob Hudson - Bill Hughes
Big Oaks Conservation Society P.O. Box 935 Madison IN 47250